02 May Project Kitchen Gorgeous – The Elevations
It’s Monday boys and girls.
A little bird told me that Meredith has a doozy of a seven page post, which lays out her/our backsplash thoughts…apparently there’s even a few possibilities I haven’t seen, so make sure you link on over for what’s sure to be a smorgasbord of pretty.
As for me, I thought perhaps it might be just the right time to show you the actual layout/scale drawings.
And since these are all architectural and exact etc., I’m leaving the 3rd person narrative out today- just doesn’t fit with these smarty pants drawings.
But before we get to the big reveal diagrams, here’s a little reminder of how the kitchen appears now, just so you can visualize etc.
And now that those are out of the way…here are the plans for ‘the afters’.
A few things to note:
1. The elevations show slab marble as the backsplash but here comes a shocker…it’s NOT IN THE BUDGET- ack…flip over to Sashay for the alternatives being discussed at present.
2. I’m not having a chimney exhaust as in the drawing- just a simple capped hood.
3. Window trim is there to trick the eye into thinking the windows are the same height- we haven’t decided on their design yet but I think we’re both leaning towards something clean/simple.
4. The banquette is not actually going to be square and built into the wall but instead, the glorious snakeskin camel backed free standing furniture piece shown here…well similar anyways.
5. The little area beside the fridge will not have bottom freezers etc…we’re hoping to replace my fridge with one of those ginormous side by side freestanding fridge/freezer numbers so I will have no need of separate drawers- the wine fridge however, will DEFINITELY remain…this area will have the same tile/backsplash as the rest of the kitchen.
6. Those glass looking cabinets are not just going to be glass but the rest is hush hush for now:)
7. The island has evolved to be the campaign style Meredith drew up a couple of weeks ago and I J’ADORE it like Lindor balls, wine and a good romcom…so yeah, alot! Here’s an encore presentation of how she’ll look.
And…I think that’s it.
Oh and PS, if you’re wondering how I’m feeling about this little project at the moment…I’d like to share this with you.
A few evenings ago I dreamt that hubs and I were getting a divorce…very sad:( I woke up in a cold sweat having a clear recollection of my last dreamy thought which went something like this: ‘oh shit, we can’t get divorced…THE KITCHEN!!! I guess I’ll have to suck it up/play nice until it’s done.’- priorities yes- HA!!
Oh and PSS, if you live in Canada, today is election day and it’s a BIG one- PLEASE make sure you head out and vote, vote, vote!!!!