A Midsummer Night’s Cocktail Party
Last week I spoke about Not-So-Basic Basics, and this week I will be talking about the complete opposite! With all the rich colours of the flowers blooming and the lush green foliage, there is no better setting in which to throw a luxe cocktail party in your very own backyard. If you feel you truly need an excuse to celebrate, pick any of the following items and make any occasion a special one!
1) Pretty enough to eat off of, these Black Rooster Decor Square Gold Mixed Plates set of 4 for $91 are versatile enough to mix and match, or memorable enough to work as a stand alone piece to make your tabletop pop! http://blackroosterdecor.
com/collections/accessories/ products/square-gold-mixed- plates-set-of-4
2) This Club Monaco Melynda Dress for $229 is dying to be layered in luxe cocktail necklaces and bold red lips or for a more natural look, dewy cheeks and bare feet! http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=58398366&prodFindSrc=search
3) Speaking of cocktail jewelry, these Chloe Darcey Round Brass & Natural Stone Rings strike the perfect balance between elegant and edgy and can be worn with any outfit. http://www.chloe.com/
4) To add even more metallic glow, this Daphne Gold Decanter from One Kings Lane is just the thing, on sale for $39! https://www.onekingslane.
5) Need to keep cool and look haute at your cocktail soiree? Try this Alice and Olivia Fan Pouch for $198 http://www.
6) Kind of loving this Oversized River Island Felt Fedora Hat at ASOS for a dramatic look, day or night for $60.69 http://www.asos.com/
River-Island/River-Island- Felt-Oversize-Fedora-Hat/Prod/ pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4907394& CTARef=Recently%20Viewed& CTARef=Recently%20Viewed& CTARef=Recently%20Viewed
7) Ultra luxurious, and somewhat surreal, this Kelly Wearstler Salone Tray in Natural Bronze is the ultimate eye candy for any of your summer shindigs! For $2, 895 http://www.kellywearstler.
com/home-tray/salone-tray/ HDS0015.html?cgid=home-tray& dwvar_HDS0015_color=BRON# start=1
8) In case the temperatures dip a little lower as the evening grows late, wrap yourself in this Free People Chunky Oversized Pullover for $131.85 in any of their selection of colours, my favourite being this one in misty pink. http://www.freepeople.
com/chunky-oversized-pullover/ _/CMCATEGORYID/683d4023-53f5- 4900-b5ce-ecf465df31a9/? searchString=28521417
9) What is a party without incredible looking flowers? For a summer look try something that’s a little wild, to learn how to make this one go to http://camillestyles.com/
living/field-trip/field-trip- floral-class-with-the-nouveau- romantics/
10) The mark of a good cocktail party (besides how strong the drinks are), is the way in which the cocktail is presented and what better way than in these vintage Italian solid brassToasting Glasses (set of 4) by Antique Lifestyles for $129 at https://www.onekingslane.
11) Last but certainly not least, these Kate Spade Color Pop Statements Studs are perfect…in general. For $68 http://www.katespade.com/
color-pop-statement-studs/ WBRUA227,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_ WBRUA227_color=411&cgid=ks- jewelry-earrings#start=5&cgid= ks-jewelry-earrings
I’m so into the romance of these tones lately…pink, burgundy and icy blue are just so pretty together…perfect for a summer’s eve soiree.